10 creative weekend family projects
Thursday, 15 May 2014
One of my favourite ways to spend time as a family is to create something useful or learn a new skill.
Our family projects often go unfinished and sometimes fail. For me, the creative process and time together is whats important, regardless of the outcome.
Here are a few creative weekend family projects ideas:
1. Build a cubby house (Look at what you have available or visit your local tip shop/building salvage yard and simply start creating).
3. Make a bow and arrow.
4. Build a wildlife nest box.
5. Learn how to play a new card game.
6. Learn how to forage (here's a few leafy greens to get you started).
8. Make a campfire and cook damper twirls.
9. Grab an egg carton or make newspaper pots and sow some seeds.
10. Build a 5 minute instant raised vegetable garden.
What is your most memorable family project?
I especially love the projects that fail for some reason. They often involve problem solving and a good dose of giggles. Our tepee in the first picture repeatedly blew over in the wind. We loved it so much that we stubbornly put it up again and again, each-time trying to reinforce it. In the end we gave up. But I don't remember the failure. I remember the hours we spent working together.
Wishing you a creative weekend with plenty of family time.