We're ready for a calm and creative countdown to Christmas.
We'll be on the move a lot in the lead up to Christmas, between our urban home, our little farm, and a few days farm sitting. So we're taking the calender with us - and have hung it in our van.
Each day of the month corresponds to a fun nature play or craft activity.
I've chosen quick and simple activities that we'll do after dinner each evening.
- Go for a walk in search of feathers
- Climb a tree
- Paint a picture using feathers instead of paint brushes
- Create a feather mobile
- Go on a leaf hunt & make a leaf collage
- Grow sprouts on the kitchen bench
- Build a robot out of rubbish
- Make toilet roll creatures
- Make jewelry out of bits of nature
- Paint with mud
- Role play being snake safe
- Go bird watching
- Make a nature paint brush
- Create some heart rocks and hide them around our neighbourhood
- Make playdough
- Build with playdough and wooden blocks
- Make and enjoy bath paints
- Make a fruit neclace
- Make pop corn & create a pop corn necklace
- Go for a walk around the block and pick a bunch of flowers
- Make a rain gauge
- Make a bow and arrow
- Make boats out of bark
- Draw with chalk on something you wouldn't normally draw on
Wishing you a calm and creative count down to Christmas.
Are you doing an advent calender this year? With gifts or activities?